Saturday, April 28, 2012

before twilight ( Greek shore )




the light is fading
as the sun is 'gulped' by the 'Greek' horizon.
the translucent sea-waters
just turned opaque with sun`s reflection .
a color , reddish-orange  fills the entire sea,
a color smooth enough to soothe the soul .
I sit back and enjoy the  prolific scene,
the crabs ran past me and soon go unseen!
the turtles get cozy at 'home' ,
the water splashes against my feet
and tickles them into dancing to some unknown beat !
the houses stand around the shore 
as the glitter of the crimson  reflection  
from their window panes
adds to the beauty  thereof.
The children, they play some game ,
they run around with  sticks
and draw some doodles random on the ground
which  are soon to be washed away by the waters !
They are  innocent , they draw it again and again
hoping  it would stay .
the sea gulls give a final cry
the day has ended and off to home they fly .
The dim Greek  lamps are slowly lit and 
I lay down and think of thoughts untried thought fit
the reason I live , the reason I smile
I have found  all here and there`s nothing to hide !

No comments:

Post a Comment